Sunday, August 19, 2012

Time... is it Anyone's Friend??

Starting a blog right before I start back to school... not my brightest idea. That's right, I'm 30, and I am once again a college student. Scary thought! I have a small course load this semester, an online computer literacy class and Anatomy & Physiology 1. And I am retaking my ACT test in a few weeks. Even scarier! I have so many people that say "I wish I could go back." or "I wish I had the time." Well, you know, I don't have the time either, you have to make time work for you, not against you! With a 3 year old, and two active step-kids, I know how difficult it is. But there really is no better time than the present. Anyone out there giving any thought to going back to school, DO IT. You aren't getting any younger, and neither is your family. Work hard now, and you will have to make a few sacrifices, but it will have a major payoff in the end.
I try to use every bit of free time I have to read my Anatomy text, or study my terms. (Yep, only had two class meetings and I have a chapter to read and review and about 5 pages of body parts to memorize!) I keep note cards with me everywhere. There are several apps I've downloaded on my phone to quiz me. The kids nap, I read. I feed a baby and I am pointing out parts of the head, trunk, arms, legs. I feel like Anatomy has been all I have thought about for about a week now! And you know what, I still have time to do my workouts, go to ball games, visit friends, cook supper. On the days I have class I pull out my crock pot. Since I have to leave at 4:30 PM and don't get home until 7 some nights and 9 some nights, I try to eat before I leave and then I take snacks with me. It is a challenge, but it's a challenge that will build a stronger you.
So, needless to say, my blogs are going to come at a slower pace. It stinks because I have so much that I still want to write about, but this is not a high priority over my school work. I still hope to inspire and help. If you are trying to decide to go back to school, DO IT! I'd be more than happy to help you if you need some help with making the decision!

No comments: